We just finished week 3 of the new year! Time is starting to fly! Another week successfully completed in my blogging world, so let’s recap what happened over the last week.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Hauntingly Beautiful: I started off the week featuring the OP of season 2 of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. A hauntingly beautiful opening that I found reflected the remorse that Kikuhiko felt throughout his life.
- The Tyrannical King of the Court This weeks MCM was none other than my favorite: Kageyama Tobio. It didn’t really start off as a crush but an appreciation for his growth as a character. So much so I created an instagram account for his nendoroid adventures.
- Winter 2017: Week 2:I did a recap of the shows I’m watching this Winter season for the week. Rakugo had another solid week for me; as did Scum’s Wish.
- Transcendence: Motoko Kusanagi:This week I looked at Motoko Kusanagi for WCW and her quest fora spiritual identity.
- Ouran High School Campus: For Fantasy Friday I looked at the extravagant campus of Ouran High School, and it’s reference to mid-19th century architecture.
THIS WEEKS’ INTERESTING READS:
- These two posts about Haruhi Suzimiya came out at practically the same time and were interesting to compare and contrast them to one another:
- Lyn’s Adventures: SF Restaurant Week & Other Food: As a fellow bay area dweller; it was nice to see something based locally and on food. My third/hidden passion It was a nice break from all the anime posts I’ve been seeing!
- Top 7 Anime Quotes: Barakamon: Over at Emina’s blog, they list the top 7 quotes from Barakamon. I really enjoyed Barakamon; it was such a great show and it became an instant favorite of mine, so this definitely caught my eye and thought it deserved a feature! 🙂
- Kiznaiver, Where Change is Worth the Pain | OWLs “Disruptors”: The OWLs first blog tour is winding down; last week Takuto added their interpretation of the prompt on “Disruptors” in the Trigger anime “Kiznaiver” and how it disrupted social norms. It was a great post and I highly suggest you check it out!
That just about does it for this week’s Take Two! If you’ve found any interesting posts feel free to send them my way in the comments below! 🙂