Hey guys! I’m trying to get back into the groove of things. I’m actually taking a break from Persona 5 and making some time to blog tonight before I burn out on the game. It’s really addicting because it’s got so many layers. I would write a first impressions review; but if I did that I’d probably stop playing the game after I post it. So I’ve decided to write my first full game review once I finish it. LOL thats why I’ve devoted so much of my time to it. Also, I didn’t forget I have a study schedule; so that’s still also ongoing! Anyways let’s get to it!
Since I’ve been gone for about 3 weeks on this post I’ll be recapping the last few of my March posts that never made it to a take two:
- Glorious Days | KnB: OP/ED featuring the song for the Kuroko no Basket film “Last Game”
- Everybody Loves a Good Bad Guy: I list my top 5 bad guys in this Man Crush Monday
- Who Says Women Can’t Coach: Riko Aida: Following up my KnB post; it never occurred to me to feature Riko. She’s a phenomenal female character in this male-dominated anime and definitely can hold her on.
- [DREAM CRATE]: SPORTS ANIME EDITION: I created my dream loot crate in this post which obviously features a bunch of sports anime related merchandise.
- Starting Days! | Weekend in LA : OP/ED featuring the song from the High Speed! Starting Days film. If you’re a Free! fan you should check out the film featuring Haru and Makoto as middle schoolers.
- Blondes Have More Fun: I list my top 5 blondies. I’m sure you all can guess who my number 1 is!
- When Your Dreams Dissolve into a Barren Wasteland [OWLS Blog Tour]: My OWLS blog tour stop looks at Archer from Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works and how he finds sanctuary in the barren wasteland of his ideals.
- [Architecture] Queen of the Curve: In Memoriam & Reflection: I reflect on the state of women in Architecture while also celebrating the life of an incredible female architect that died way too soon.
- Annnd, I’m back. Hiatus done! Adulting Success!: This OP/ED kicks off the Spring 2017 season with Attack on Titan’s Season 2 opener.
- Top 10 Raven Haired Men: Ah, Raven haired men. There were too many to choose from; gosh it was a difficult one, but I managed to rank them! Number one should also be an obvious pick from me!
- Anime Watch List!: I kind of list out what I plan to watch, and am currently watching, and what I need to catch up on!
- Another Announcement: I launched the Archi-Anime Facebook Page! So, if you haven’t check it out! 😀
I’m going to do something a bit different here. I won’t just link anime related posts. I’m opening this up to gaming, architecture, art, anything I’ve found worthwhile on the internet!
- Melanin Monday: I’m Black, I Like Anime, and Other Nerdy Things… So What: Naja’s Melanin Monday is an ongoing series I personally love, so I’m glad to see it make it’s April appearance!
- [Doujinshi] Planet in Love: As we all know, KageHina is probably one of my OTP’s in the realm of ‘shipping. So I was so excited to see Mel feature this DJ! 😀
- Akira, Japanese (Animated) movie (1988): It’s probably blasphemy to say this, but I haven’t seen Akira, and I probably should see this ASAP. This was a great review for anyone interested!
- Lethargic Ramble: Why I Don’t Watch Seasonal Anime: Leth always has really great posts, and this one resonated with me a lot just because lately I’ve been struggling with keeping up with waiting week to week. I like to watch anime in chunks or even binge. It was apparent to me that I couldn’t even write episodic reviews because the context sometimes wasn’t enough..or maybe I’m just struggling with how to write episodic reviews…Anyways, this was a great piece! Look it up!!
- Persona 5 and cultural localization: As someone that’s currently playing Persona 5 and as someone that read the original Kotaku article this was a great response, because I felt indifferent to Kotaku’s take on this, and Tim does a great job of breaking down and helping me understand what the issue that Kotaku was trying to convey but…failed.
We are a group of otaku bloggers who promotes acceptance of all individuals regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and disability. We emphasize the importance of respect, kindness, and tolerance to every human being.
Our March theme looks at the theme of “Colors”. The prompt is as follows:
“We are all part of one race, the human race. “Colors” refers to people of color in anime. For this monthly topic, we will be discussing how people of color or characters of different “races” (a literal alien race) are represented in anime. Some topics we are considering is the dangers of stereotyping, bi-racial characters, and the importance of racial inclusion.”
Last week’s posts feature:
- Arria from Fujinsei: RACEWASHING IN “ATTACK ON TITAN” FILMS & OTHER ADAPTATIONS
- Remy from The Lily Garden: Social Projecting and Self-Stereotyping in Japanese Media
- Kat from Grimmgirl: Bleach, Diversity, and Celebrating Color
- Lita from Lita Kino Anime Reviews: Genetic Hate – Gundam Seed
This section needs a bit of a facelift, but I’ll get around to it at some point. But so far! These are the releases for April:
Personally, I’m looking forward to the Disney nendoroid line that’s releasing this year!!
That just about covers my Take Two topics and other related news this week! Thanks for reading! Have you seen other posts, pieces of news that I’d be interested? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂 And as always, thanks for reading!