I…didn’t write much last week. I’m gonna blame that on Persona 5….lol…but last week’s posts included:
- OP: No Need For Promises | Check-in Time!: I finished up Vision of Escaflowne a few days ago. So I remember posting this OP because I knew I would be finishing up the series! Expect some sort of review/collab on it some time soon.
- [OWLS Blog Tour]: Fetishization of the “Rose Bride” and Asian Women: This took majority of my energy for blogging. It was a heavy topic I wanted to discuss but it was well worth it! I examine Asian stereotypes and the parallel of mail order brides in my analysis of Anthy in Revolutionary Girl Utena.
- Top 10 Chocolate Haired Men : I countdown my favorite bishies that are of the chocolaty brown spectrum of the colors.
- Townsperson B: Hitoka Yachi: Last week’s WCW was a bit on the more light hearted side, since my analysis of Anthy was heavy in content a few days earlier. I was going to do another character analysis of Hitoka, but realized that her character is someone we’ve all been at one point in our lives. So I list out 5 life lessons presented in the introduction of Hitoka’s character in Haikyuu!!
I’m going to do something a bit different here. I won’t just link anime related posts. I’m opening this up to gaming, architecture, art, anything I’ve found worthwhile on the internet!
- Spring 2017 Anime First Impressions – Fresh Hot Fantasy Series for $5: Scott’s First Impressions are pretty much like my own, since we’re both watching a few of the same series.
- Manga Challenge 2017: Andrealinia post that they were going to start up the Manga Challenge. I’ve seen the concept on MAL, and used to try to complete the Anime Challenge as a personal challenge, but they changed up the concept with Bingo Cards this year. Take a look!
- [Full Game Review] English Otome- Cinderella Phenomenon: The Otome Queen, Naja, is back with a full review on this game. She’s always writing awesome reviews so don’t forget to check her out! She’s already dragged me into Otome Hell and I love her for it. LOL. At some point, I’ll be reviewing games on here too! But Naja is a senpai when it comes to otome and reviews!
- Ep 13 – Love’s Sorrow: The award for making me cry this week goes to Weekend Otaku and the re-watch of Your Lie in April. I absolutely love this anime-there really are no words to describe how much this anime really hits a chord with me. I’m picking this particular episode because it’s a pivotal point in Kousei Arima’s growth as a musician.
We are a group of otaku bloggers who promotes acceptance of all individuals regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and disability. We emphasize the importance of respect, kindness, and tolerance to every human being.
Our March theme looks at the theme of “Colors”. The prompt is as follows:
“We are all part of one race, the human race. “Colors” refers to people of color in anime. For this monthly topic, we will be discussing how people of color or characters of different “races” (a literal alien race) are represented in anime. Some topics we are considering is the dangers of stereotyping, bi-racial characters, and the importance of racial inclusion.”
Last week’s posts featured:
- LynLyn: Crossing Racial Boundaries in Abu Dhabi Romance
- Stephanie: TWIN STAR EXORCISTS-DARK COLOR VILLIANS
- Takuto: Tales of Symphonia Orchestrates Racial Harmony By Overcoming Great Tragedy
This section needs a bit of a facelift, but I’ll get around to it at some point. But so far! These are the releases for this week:
- Syaoran Li (Cardcaptor Sakura)
- Rimi Ushigome (Bang Dream)
- Tadashi Yamaguchi (Haikyuu!!)
- Fubuki Kai II (Kantai Collection – KanColle-)
These guys are up for pre-order on goodsmile and on otakumode! I know I already picked up yams!
That just about covers my Take Two topics and other related news this week! Thanks for reading! Have you seen other posts, pieces of news that I’d be interested? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂 And as always, thanks for reading!