I seriously need to get more content out. LOL I’ve been sucked into the world of gaming the last few weeks! But here’s my round-up of posts:
- Weekend Update, a Song and a Question!: I chose Kids on the Slope‘s OP last week because I wanted to watch this anime about jazz; so I threw out the question and got positive feedback! 🙂
- Top 5 Blue Haired Males! This week I listed my top 5 blue haired men. 2/5 where from sports anime. Who would’ve guessed!
- [Watch-Along]: Kids on the Slope Announcement!: The official announcement that I would be watching the anime with hopes other people will join in on the conversation.
- [Kids on the Slope]: Episode 1 | Moanin’: Friday I officially started the Watch-Along! I’m having fun with it so far and am hoping the momentum carries through!
I’m going to do something a bit different here. I won’t just link anime related posts. I’m opening this up to gaming, architecture, art, anything I’ve found worthwhile on the internet!
- A HEART MADE FULLMETAL: A JOURNEY’S END — “FMAB” POST SERIES, PT 1 by shoujothoughts. Its been awhile since I watched FMA but this post reminded me of the feels from being so invested in this wonderful classic.
- Does the Opening Sequence Matter? by Andrealinia. Such a great discussion on the opening sequence of the anime. I suggest you guys give it a read! 😀
- LETHARGIC RAMBLE: THE IMPORTANCE OF “THE MESSAGE”. Leth has a great discussion about “the message” we get from the medium that is anime. This is also another great read!
We are a group of otaku bloggers who promotes acceptance of all individuals regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and disability. We emphasize the importance of respect, kindness, and tolerance to every human being.
Our April tour looked at the theme of “Colors”. The prompt is as follows:
“We are all part of one race, the human race. “Colors” refers to people of color in anime. For this monthly topic, we will be discussing how people of color or characters of different “races” (a literal alien race) are represented in anime. Some topics we are considering is the dangers of stereotyping, bi-racial characters, and the importance of racial inclusion.”
Last week’s posts featured:
- Races and Themes in Sailor Moon: Good vs. Evil or Judgement vs. Acceptance? by Erendira (Sakura Daisuki)
- Crimson’s Upbringing and (lack of) Connection to Colors by crimson613 (My Fujoshi Life)
- Growing Up Biracial with Anime bye Step (Two Happy Cats)
Also, we had our Monthly youtube livestream happen on April 29th! Check it out here:
This section needs a bit of a facelift, but I’ll get around to it at some point. But so far! These are the releases for this week:
- Nendoroid: Chuuya Nakahara (Bungou Stray Dogs)
- Nendoroid: Osamu Dazai (Bungou Stray Dogs)
- Nendoroid: Juliana Chain Chronicle: The Light of Haecceitas)
- Nendoroid: Kagami Len (Character Vocal Series 02: Harvest Moon)
- Nendoroid: Kagami Rin (Character Vocal Series 02: Harvest Moon)
- Nendoroid: Serval (Kemono Friends)
- Nendoroid: Racing Miku
These just released the last week, so I think there’s about a month left for pre-orders before they close! So if they are of any interest to you I suggest you get them while you can! 😀
That just about covers my Take Two topics and other related news this week! Thanks for reading! Have you seen other posts, pieces of news that I’d be interested? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂 And as always, thanks for reading!