Hey guys! Welcome back to this week’s Take Two! In case you’re new around here, this post essentially recaps last week’s posts among other gems found over the week onto one page!
Thanks Tsukki for the segment introduction! I’m Still trying to get in the swing of getting more stuff out. But here’s my round-up of posts:
- Sunday Salutations | [OP]: Spell: Last week I was lamenting the singular loss of the Golden State Warriors against the Cavaliers. I was so nervous I had no where to turn to but to my blog.
- [Kids on the Slope]: Episode 12 | All Blues: The Watch-Along’s last episode has aired! I’m still in the works on the Final Thoughts, but give the last episode a read through as I thought it was a great way to end the series, and wrapping up the tale.
- Dragon Slayer: Natsu Dragneel: I talk about my favorite pink-haired dude from the show Fairy Tail. He’s spunky and overwhelmingly positive and values his friendship to the point that they’re family – something I can definitely relate to.
I’m going to do something a bit different here. I won’t just link anime related posts. I’m opening this up to gaming,
architecture, art, anything I’ve found worthwhile on the internet! (I’ve crossed our architecture and art as I’m creating a new series on this subject matter since they’re not anime-related)
- 2 Vital Factors that Distinguish Good Anime Content from Forgettable Ideas: by SeasonalPrattle. Yet another insightful post from Seasonal! 🙂
- Top 10 Brown-Haired Anime Male Characters, by MelinAnimeLand. It was fun to see this post, just because mine was done not too long ago and of course we had some overlap. But our rankings of that overlap varied.
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #19: by Naja. Yet another great list from Naja, my backlog continues to grow.
This one is a little sparse this week – I haven’t caught up on everyone’s blogs just yet!
We are a group of otaku bloggers who promotes acceptance of all individuals regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and disability. We emphasize the importance of respect, kindness, and tolerance to every human being.
Our June tour looks at the theme of “Team”. The prompt is as follows:
June is known as “Pride Month” within the LGBT & Queer communities in honor of the Stonewall Riots that occurred at the end of June in 1969. At OWLS, we strongly support individuals who are part of the LGBT & Queer communities as well as individuals who are struggling with their sexual orientation or gender identity.
“Team” functions in two ways: 1) allows individuals to show their support to the LGBT & Queer communities and 2) allows LGBT & Queer communities to express their love to whoever they want.
So for the “Team” topic, we will be discussing our favorite LGBT & Queer characters in anime and other pop culture related media, the impact of the yaoi and yuri genre within LGBT & Queer communities, our personal stories involving gender/sexual orientation, and etc.
Here’s who posted last week:
- Remy (The Lily Garden): The Poor Perception of Male Crossdressers in Japanese Media
- Kat (Grimmgirl): When We Fetish Yaoi
That just about covers my Take Two topics and other related news this week! Thanks for reading! Have you seen other posts, pieces of news that I’d be interested? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂 And as always, thanks for reading!