Hey guys! Welcome back to this week’s Take Two! In case you’re new around here, this post essentially recaps last week’s posts among other gems found over the week onto one page!
Thanks Tsukki for the segment introduction! This week is sparse yet again. I’ve got so many posts started but need to finish them off and sent them out. But here’s my round-up of posts:
- [ED]: Styx Helix|Sunday Salutations: I finished Re:Zero and the ending is probably of my favorite tracks to listen to these days.
- Orange You Glad For Man Crush Monday?: LOL excuse the terrible pun (but not really). I count down my top 10 favorite orange-haired men, but unfortunately missed Suwa Hiroto from Orange. But that okay, because I’ve already featured him on MCM here.
- Three Bloggers Flow As One Collaboration: I reblogged this from Lita, as I participated in a collaboration with her and Scott over at MechanicalAnimeReviews as the latter of us ended up watching “The Vision of Escaflowne” around the exact same time.
- [Fantasy Friday]: The Revival: I’m reviving a series I’ve neglected for so long. For those of you that are new to this particular series and around the blog. One of my other passions outside of anime is architecture. I have a few series that are focused on this passion but have since last been put on hold. This revival post is to remind myself of the driving force behind Fantasy Friday. So be on the look out for new content for this series!
I’m going to do something a bit different here. I won’t just link anime related posts. I’m opening this up to gaming,
architecture, art, anything I’ve found worthwhile on the internet! (I’ve crossed our architecture and art as I’m creating a new series on this subject matter since they’re not anime-related)
- Fuck, Marry, Kill – June 2017: D has some fun with this game, and honestly I haven’t seen any of the anime’s in this month’s post. Steins;gate has been on my list for quite some time.
- I Kinda Sorta Started an Etsy Store: Naja opened up an etsy store recently for her amigurumi dolls and I’m super excited! I can’t wait to order something from her sometime soon! 😀
- Others Bring Color | Your Lie In April: Lita reviews Your Lie in April. And if you know me, you know that I. ABSOLUTELY. LOVE. THIS. SERIES. So seeing others enjoy this wonderful piece brings me incredible amount of joy! 🙂 Maybe I’ll write the series at some point here
- Persona 5’s Menu Is So Good People Cosplayed As It: As a huge persona fan, I have to say it is hilarious that the Menu is getting cosplayed! I actually saw a few when I went to Fanime back in May!
- What is the Fate Series and In What Order Should I Watch It? : The fate series can be quite confusing as there’s spin-offs and as a visual novel there’s multiple routes. Manga.tokyo posted an article that does a pretty good job of explaining what order of it and a bit about the Type-Moon company, and the fate series overall. It’s a great article for those interested and for those already into it (i.e. me.)
We are a group of otaku bloggers who promotes acceptance of all individuals regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and disability. We emphasize the importance of respect, kindness, and tolerance to every human being.
Our July tour looks at the theme of “Mirrors”. The prompt is as follows:
“Magic mirror, on the wall—who is the fairest one of all?”
When we look in the mirror, what do we see? Do we see ourselves or someone we don’t want to be? For this month’s theme, we will be exploring some of our favorite anime and other pop culture media that redefine individual beauty—inside and out. Some topics we may explore are physical appearances, social expectations on gender, and the importance of self-confidence.
Here’s who posted last week:
- Paradise Kiss and Self Confidence/Self Acceptance!!! by Shay
- Beauty Within the Monster in “The Ancient Magus’ Bride” by Arria
- OWLS Blog Tour: Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV – Listen to your body by Matt
- Self-Image in Fruits Basket by Zoe
That just about covers my Take Two topics and other related news this week! Thanks for reading! Have you seen other posts, pieces of news that I’d be interested? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂 And as always, thanks for reading!